Ensco 5000 Rig. Connect tow lines for tug.
- Standby dive support on ballasting / de-ballasting.
- CCTV Pontoon inspection on the harbour floor.
- Detaching tug tow lines and bridal.
- Search and retrieve fallen 8-ton fender from the bottom of the Couga harbour 21 meters deep.
- Rig up fenders to the crane for removal.
- Located and removed 25 fenders.
(Equipment used SSDE systems and 25ton crane.)
Hydraulic Fender Installation
- Rig up fender brackets to the crane.
- Position and fasten fender brackets to frame.
- Inspect hydraulic fender pads.
Haw & Inglis 40 Ton Lead in Jetty Construction
- Remove debris in path of piling machine.
- Cut away and remove old Jetty in the path of piling machine.
- Dredging to be able to cut old jetty off low enough to design level.
Couga Dam Job
- Removing blanks in dam wall caisson at 45m, 30m, 18m and at 9 m.
- Removing snorkel pipe from 45m with Tirfor.
- Inserting bird cage strainer – outlet at 45m.
- Repairing holes in sheet piling with sheet plate.
- Identifying void cavities in quay-walls.
- Breaking open of quay wall to expose cavities.
- Filling of cavities with rock and concrete to restore structural stability to the quay wall.
- GPS positioning of 12 caissons with barge.
- Dredging all 12 caisson down to design level. For example:
- Installation of reinforcing inside the caisson.
- Placing concrete beams across 12 caisson.
- Filling of 12 caisson with concrete using boom pump.
Boratz Salvage /Wreck Decontamination.
- Locating the wreckage using side scan sonar.
- Removal of all rope from the wreckage, which could pose as a shipping hazard.
- Removal of line hauler winch. Cut free with a hydraulic grinder.
- Removal of all oil drums and hazardous substances.
- Drilling of holes into fuel tanks to remove 80 tons of diesel.
- Complete decontamination of the wreck was successful.
- Placing of Grade 1t2 rock for anti-scouring purposes.
- CCTV surveys of breakwater, inspection of voids, 3 point.
Larianna Wreck Removal
- Locate the position of wreckage using SSS.
- Dredge mud out of wreckage holds with G” dredge.
- Jet lifting straps under belly of the wreckage.
- Using lifting bags and barge lifted vessel, tow to quay wall. Cut up vessel H/G.
Syncro #2 Salvage
- Rig up lifting bags and barge crane to vessel.
- Lift vessel to the surface.
- Seal sea cocks of vessel.
- Floated vessel by S pumping water out using 3 x 4″ trash pumps and one electric 6″ submersible.
Harbour Wall Surveys
- CCTV surveys of Port Elizabeth’s harbour walls.
- Inspect for block shifting.
- Inspect for foundation undermining.
- Inspect for any abnormalities, holes etc.
Transnet Slipway Downhaul Pulley Change out x 2
- Locate downhaul pulley position.
- Dredge through 6m of mud to expose pulley.
- Remove the old pulley and install new designed pulley.
- Feed through 340 meters of cable through the pulley and onto the cradle of slipway.
Bulk Carrier CCTV Surveys
- CCTV GVI inspections.
- Propeller shining (hydraulic prop shiner)
- Cleaning of sea chests and overboard valves.
- Wear down readings on propeller shaft and rudder.
- Rope removal.
- Blanking of sea chests and overboard valves.
- Kettle patches.
- Inspect vessel for rigging points.
- Connect/ rig up lifting bags and steel lifting tanks to vessel.
- Floated vessel.
- Towed vessel to Transnet travel lift and removal.
- Cut up and safely disposed of the vessel.
Cutting of Pylons H&I
- Cut off and removed 40 steel pylons in the path of the fender construction.
- Hydraulic grinder was used to cut pylons.
- Full scale containerized dive systems were used.
Mossel Bay Slipway Structural Inspection
- Core drilled concrete samples out of slipway pile structure. Sent to lab for MPA and chlorine testing.
- Inspected pile structure for any damages or abnormalities.
- Inspected steel rails for extreme wear down and abnormalities.
- CCTV and still photograph survey on slipway structure, rails and pulley system.
Sandile Reservoir leak detection survey
- Full SSDE CCTV dive unit.
- Confined entry and exit.
- Full CCTV survey of inside seams of reservoir.
- Leak detected and fixed using underwater epoxy.
- GVI inspections
- Full CCTV hull surveys.
- Prop shaft and rudder shaft wear down readings.
- Hull cleans.
- Sea chest cleaning.
- Overboard lake cleaning.
- Remove rudder and pull propeller and shaft.
- Rope removals.
- Kettle patches installed.
- Greasing variable pitch propellers.
- Sea chest blanking.
- Overboard valve blanking.
- Stem tube sealing.
- Propeller scraping and hydraulic polishing.
- Trawling net removal.
Transnet Sand bypass System
- Securing and maintaining of Transnet sand bypass caisson pump system in Couga harbour.
- Removed 5m x 3m grid from aperture in caisson (removed by crane).
- Serviced 3 pumps from inside the caisson.
- Cleaned all marine growth within caisson.