• Biofouling removal & reclamation of Drill ships 45 Sea chest gratings, 6 thrusters, OBV’s & inspection of moon pool anodes & welds.
Knysna Paddle Cruiser
• South Africa’s only paddle cruiser took on water on port side submersing half the vessel. The CDC team spent gruelling long hours to re-lift the paddle cruiser using 25tons of lift bags & pumps. Knysna.
• Inspection, leak detection of reservoir walls & dredging of silt from floor.
• Installation of support I-beams on emergency escape walkway columns using hydraulic drill, hydraulic grinder broco cutting & torqueing tools. Completed from our dive support barge. Port of Port Elizabeth.
Blackwoods farm reservoir
• Inspection & Plugging of reservoir outlet pipes for valve maintenance.
• 12 Great white shark monitoring station retrieval & installation along Algoa bay.
Lovemore Heights reservoir
• Inspection & Plugging of reservoir outlet pipes for valve replacement.
• Removal of sea water intake flange grating in shore break for Cerebos salt.
• Various salvage & rubble removal in Port of Port Elizabeth & Port of Ngqura.
Ensco 5000 Rig
• Connect tow lines for tug.
• Standby dive support on ballasting / de-ballasting.
• CCTV Pontoon inspection on the harbour floor.
• Detaching tug tow lines and bridal.
• Search and retrieve fallen 8-ton fender from the bottom of the Couga harbour 21 meters deep.
• Rig up fenders to the crane for removal.
• Located and removed 25 fenders.
(Equipment used SSDE systems and 25ton crane.)
Hydraulic Fender Installation
• Rig up fender brackets to the crane.
• Position and fasten fender brackets to frame.
• Inspect hydraulic fender pads.
Haw & Inglis 40 Ton Lead in Jetty Construction
• Remove debris in path of piling machine.
• Cut away and remove old Jetty in the path of piling machine.
• Dredging to be able to cut old jetty off low enough to design level.
Couga Dam Job
• Removing blanks in dam wall caisson at 45m, 30m, 18m and at 9 m.
• Removing snorkel pipe from 45m with Tirfor.
• Inserting bird cage strainer – outlet at 45m.
• Repairing holes in sheet piling with sheet plate.
• Identifying void cavities in quay-walls.
• Breaking open of quay wall to expose cavities.
• Filling of cavities with rock and concrete to restore structural stability to the quay wall.
• GPS positioning of 12 caissons with barge.
• Dredging all 12 caisson down to design level. For example:
1. Installation of reinforcing inside the caisson.
2. Placing concrete beams across 12 caisson.
3. Filling of 12 caisson with concrete using boom pump.
Boratz Salvage /Wreck Decontamination
• Locating the wreckage using side scan sonar.
• Removal of all rope from the wreckage, which could pose as a shipping hazard.
• Removal of line hauler winch. Cut free with a hydraulic grinder.
• Removal of all oil drums and hazardous substances.
• Drilling of holes into fuel tanks to remove 80 tons of diesel.
• Complete decontamination of the wreck was successful.
• Placing of Grade 1t2 rock for anti-scouring purposes.
• CCTV surveys of breakwater, inspection of voids, 3 point.
Larianna Wreck Removal
• Locate the position of wreckage using SSS.
• Dredge mud out of wreckage holds with G” dredge.
• Jet lifting straps under belly of the wreckage.
• Using lifting bags and barge lifted vessel, tow to quay wall. Cut up vessel H/G.
Syncro #2 Salvage
• Rig up lifting bags and barge crane to vessel.
• Lift vessel to the surface.
• Seal sea cocks of vessel.
• Floated vessel by S pumping water out using 3 x 4″ trash pumps and one electric 6″ submersible.
Harbour Wall Surveys
• CCTV surveys of Port Elizabeth’s harbour walls.
• Inspect for block shifting.
• Inspect for foundation undermining.
• Inspect for any abnormalities, holes etc.
Transnet Slipway Downhaul Pulley Change out x 2
• Locate downhaul pulley position.
• Dredge through 6m of mud to expose pulley.
• Remove the old pulley and install new designed pulley.
• Feed through 340 meters of cable through the pulley and onto the cradle of slipway.
Shipping CCTV Surveys
• CCTV GVI inspections.
• Propeller shining (hydraulic prop shiner)
• Cleaning of sea chests and overboard valves.
• Wear down readings on propeller shaft and rudder.
• Rope removal.
• Blanking of sea chests and overboard valves.
• Kettle patches.
• Inspect vessel for rigging points.
• Connect/ rig up lifting bags and steel lifting tanks to vessel.
• Floated vessel.
• Towed vessel to Transnet travel lift and removal.
• Cut up and safely disposed of the vessel.
Cutting of Pylons H&I
• Cut off and removed 40 steel pylons in the path of the fender construction.
• Hydraulic grinder was used to cut pylons.
• Full scale containerized dive systems were used.
Mossel Bay Slipway Structural Inspection
• Core drilled concrete samples out of slipway pile structure. Sent to lab for MPA and chlorine testing.
• Inspected pile structure for any damages or abnormalities.
• Inspected steel rails for extreme wear down and abnormalities.
• CCTV and still photograph survey on slipway structure, rails and pulley system.
Sandile Reservoir leak detection survey
• Full SSDE CCTV dive unit.
• Confined entry and exit.
• Full CCTV survey of inside seams of reservoir.
• Leak detected and fixed using underwater epoxy.
• GVI inspections
• Full CCTV hull surveys.
• Prop shaft and rudder shaft wear down readings.
• Hull cleans.
• Sea chest cleaning.
• Overboard lake cleaning.
• Remove rudder and pull propeller and shaft.
• Rope removals.
• Kettle patches installed.
• Greasing variable pitch propellers.
• Sea chest blanking.
• Overboard valve blanking.
• Stem tube sealing.
• Propeller scraping and hydraulic polishing.
• Trawling net removal.
Transnet Sand bypass System
• Securing and maintaining of Transnet sand bypass caisson pump system in Couga harbour.
• Removed 5m x 3m grid from aperture in caisson (removed by crane).
• Serviced 3 pumps from inside the caisson.
• Cleaned all marine growth within caisson.