CDC Diving Services can support Dredging Operation with regards to:
- Deepening of harbours.
- Sand bypass systems.
- General overburden removal.
- Dredging in hard to access places.
- Sump clean outs.
- Dredging of slipways.
- Sinking caissons into mud/sand.
- De-silting of sunken vessels.
CDC is committed to offering efficient dredging services at reasonable rates. CDC specializes in dredging hard to access places where larger dredges cannot reach. CDC has a wide range of dredging equipment and can accommodate any dredging requirements received from clients.
Dredging Projects Undertaken:
- Transnet downhaul pulley system change out.
- NSRI rail-slipway build and sinking caissons into the mud and sand.
- Larianna wreck penetration and removal of silt buildup.
- Haw & Inglis dredging to expose jetty structure.
- Transnet: Sand bypass caissons dredging.
Raymond Taylor (CEO) +2773 054 6664
Jenny Burgess (SHEQ & Admin) +2782 703 5573
Donovan Hewson (Ops manager & Dive Tech) +2763 942 6121
Gareth de Ridder (Diving Supervisor) +27 79 7722 90
Office: +2741 581 0092
CDC Underwater Services
CDC diving services has been providing practical, but efficient diving solutions since 2006 and has gained vast experience in all aspects of diving. CDC strives to deliver excellence in all aspects of diving and prides itself in completing all projects while adhering to good health and safe diving practices that comply with SA law and IMCA regulations.
CDC Diving can support diving work with regards to:
• CCTV Class surveys
• UWILD surveys
• Ship husbandry
• Crack/leak detection
• Damage & deformity assessments
• In-water Port construction, repairs & maintenance
• Dredging & airlifting
• Inland construction, repair & maintenance for dams water systems, reservoirs & bridges
• Concrete core drilling and grouting.
• Sonar scanning / geographical plotting
CDC Diving Service believe that properly maintained equipment goes hand in hand with production and makes way better divers. CDC believes in a continuous maintenance programme, therefore, we have workshops.
One workshop is dedicated to maintaining our SSDE and containerized diving systems. The second workshop does maintenance on our diving vessels and other equipment, such as dredge pumps, hydraulic power packs etc. CDC has a vast range of specialized equipment, ranging from but which is not limited to:
• SSDE containerized diving systems
• SSDE systems contain full CCTV video and photographic equipment.
• Diving support vessels.
• Salvage equipment & lifting bags.
• Underwater welding and Broco equipment.
• Dredge pumps and airlifts.
• Hydraulic equipment; pumps, grinders, drills, core drills, J.H.
• Pneumatic equipment, drills, grinders and Jack hammers.
• Containerised decompression chambers.
• Side scan sonar vessels.
• Rigging equipment
CDC prides itself with its shipping experience & is Class certified with ABS, Lloyds Register & DNV GL & can support work with regards to:
Can be completed both along side & at anchorage.
• Class surveys
• UWILD surveys
• General visual inspection (GVI)
• Wear down readings. Shaft and rudder.
• Still photograph surveys and reporting.
• CCTV surveys and class reporting.
• Leak detection.
• Damage & deformity assessment
• Rope removal
• Sea chest blanking & OBV pluggings
• General maintenance
• Blanking of overboard valves and sea chest gratings.
• Sealing of stern tube gland.
• Anode change outs /welded or bolted.
• Prop shaft removal & replacement
• Rudder removal & replacement
All work is captured via CCTV & a final technical report of all work is documented with still pics & diagrams & sent to the client.
We have a Rapid Response Shipping Unit for quick response emergencies.